We are currently looking for Camp Counselors for our 2022 Summer Camp Season. If interested, please send resume to the Youth Program Director, Maggie Hall, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
POSITION: Summer Camp Counselor
SUPERVISOR: Youth Program Director
HOURS: Scheduled to fit program needs.
SALARY: starting at $14 per hour
Hope 7 is a nonprofit organization located in Troy, NY with two entities: a community food pantry and a youth program, providing services for children during after-school hours, school vacations and summer camp. We are a NYS OCFS licensed program with 50 years of youth programming experience. Our traveling summer day camp runs from 6/28 through 9/3 Monday-Friday from 7:00am-5:30pm. Staggered 7-8 hour shifts available with all shifts encompassing the hours of 9-4 as we travel daily by school bus to local state & town parks. Candidates must be highly energetic, love the outdoors, creative, a team player, and TRULY enjoy being with kids! The day is non-stop and candidates must have the stamina and motivation to keep children engaged throughout the day. Candidates are responsible for group of 10 children grouped by age.
QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAINING:
1. Must possess a minimum of high school diploma.
2. Must possess the desire to work with school age children and have at least 2 years prior work experience with children OR School-age Child Care Credential and year of experience working with children OR Associates Degree in a related field or equivalent
4. Must be 18 years of age or older.
5. Must complete all application requirements as per NYS regulations.
6. Must be available 6/27-9/2 and on designated days prior to camp for training.
1. Will adhere at all times to NYS OCFS regulations and maintain safety and well-being of children as a priority at all times.
2. Will plan daily activities for assigned group, including arts and craft activities, group sports and individual activities as deemed by Program Director.
3. Will follow all directives of Youth Program Director and be flexible and accepting of routine changes as deemed necessary by the director.
4. Will attend all staff meetings scheduled by director and agency
5. Will understand and agree to the necessity for promptness and minimal absenteeism and will make every effort to schedule essential appointments for non-working hours.
6. Will understand and exhibit attitude and behavior essential to working as a team member and be professional in all dealings with coworkers, parents and other staff.
7. Will consistently seek immediate answers to questions and resolutions to problems as they arise by first consulting with direct supervisor. If answer is not resolved, will then consult with other administrators.
8. Will perform any housekeeping and maintenance duties as needed and directed by any supervisor or administrator.
If you have any questions, please call us at 518-272-8029 or email email@example.com.